Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2 - Exodus 4:18-7:13

Good morning everyone,

As we continue in Exodus today, God summoned Moses and had a good conversation with him from a burning bush. He told him that He has seen the oppression of His people in Egypt and has heard their cries and that He wants Moses lead them out of there. God told him to just walk right on up to Pharaoh and tell him I said, “Let my people go!” Oh my word, I can just see the look on Moses’ face as he quickly snaps his head up, all startled and confused, then turns to see if perhaps God may be talking to someone else, because he knows he does not want to be doing that job. When realizing he was the only one there Moses says, “Ummm, I think you’ve got the wrong guy,” (perhaps  paraphrased) and flat out tells God, he tried to help them once before, it didn’t work out, he’s not really capable or suitable, he is kind of afraid and he just plain does not want to do it. God says, “I get that, but I’ll help you out with this, here’s some tools you can use, now go pack up.” (more paraphrasing) So Moses does exactly that.

One of the many things I love about God is that when He asks you to do something, He will always give you, give us, the ability to do it. Many, many years ago I was asked to teach a 4th grade Sunday school class. I was like Moses and had every excuse in the book why I could not do it; I’m no good with kids, they won’t listen to me, I don’t know how to teach. The list went on and on. Finally I was cornered, I absolutely knew God wanted me to do this and I could not figure out one more way to say, “no” and so I dove right in. Now I would like to say I was awesome at it, but I wasn’t. But I did it, and further more I enjoyed it and what I learned from it was, when God asks you to do something He will give you the ability. He uses the gift He has already blessed you with and builds on them.

Think about it, Paul was well educated, he could articulate. God used him to write a great deal of the Bible. Peter, he had a net. He was a fisherman. God said, “I can work with that, I’ll make you a fisher of men.” The Bible is full of God using ordinary people and their gifts to make a difference. What’s really cool too is that with each time you obey God, saying “yes, Lord” you are strengthened in the Lord and you then realize the authority you have in and through Him. Make sense? 

Moses was eighty years old when he first stepped before pharaoh. Before all is said and done, the Hebrews would suffer considerably more and question why Moses was there but Moses would stay on task for God. 

Is God asking you to do something that you are just too busy for, or don’t feel qualified to, or are fearful of? Or, perhaps, you just plain don’t want to do it. Well, I would encourage you to put all those excuses aside and just do what God asks of you. By saying “yes” to God, we are essentially saying that He is the most important thing in our lives, and you know what?, all good things spring from that wonderful fact. I challenge you and myself to each and every day live with obedience and love in our Lord, Christ Jesus. Then get ready to be amazed at how awesome it makes you feel. Amen?

Have a great day and to God be the glory.

God bless you all …..

No comments: