Sunday, November 23, 2014

November 23 - 1 Corinthians 14:1-15:58

Good morning everyone,

In finishing up 1 Corinthians, Paul tells them “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love.”

Paul loved the church at Corinth and he wanted to be certain that these people understood and obeyed what he had written. He was concerned for the state of the church. I think I have mentioned before that when I leave to go anywhere, my husband, because he loves me so much, rattles off a list of reminders. Things he wants me to remember for my safety and well being. I love him for that. Here Paul gives these church of Corinth, because he loves them so much, short orders in rapid succession. He is confident that they are already living a godly manner, but he encourages the readers to persevere.

Paul command them to, "Be on the alert,” “Stand firm in the faith,” "Be men of courage."  "Be strong." and "Let everything you do be done with love.” Every single day we have important choices to make and we need to make the right choices. We need to be ever mindful that our God is a great God. He is Almighty. His power will prevail. His plans and purposes will stand, and nothing can thwart or defeat them. If we put our trust in God, and act in his mighty power and not just our own, we need not fear. Those who trust in God will not be disappointed

Proverbs 3:5 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” I would encourage us all to do just that. Amen?

Have a great day and to God be the glory.

God bless you all …..

No comments: