Saturday, February 22, 2014

February 22 - Leviticus 17:1-19:37

Good morning everyone,

After reading the scripture for today, I sat back and thought to myself, “It does NOT get any clearer than that on who we should be worshiping, what we should not be eating, who it is not okay to have relations with, and how we should be behaving. 

Seriously people, what part of “Do Not” leaves any room for question? How, even in the world of non-believers, can that read any differently? How can anyone who claims to be a Christian presume to pick and choose from the laws God has directly stated, pointedly laid for us to follow? I am not seeing any wiggle room here, no loop holes, no yeah buts, no grey areas, it is all very clear.

When the Israelites were slaves in the land of Egypt their thinking and behavior had fallen prey to the way of the land. Worshiping idols, promiscuity, thievery, disrespect for the elderly and poor, led to a total lack of morals. This is not the behavior God wanted to see in His chosen people. He wanted them to be …  He wants me to be, He wants you to be, He wants ALL of us to be a disciplined people. He wants us to be kind to and respect one another and worship God alone. He wants us to live in accordance to His way of thinking, telling us very clearly, exactly what that looks like, what’s expected. These and not mere guidelines or suggestions. No, no. God said 19:18 says “Keep all my decrees and all my laws and follow them. I am the Lord.” 



I pray you have a great day. To God, be all glory, honor and praise.

God bless you …

No comments: