Thursday, May 15, 2014

May 15 - Psalm 131 | Psalm 133 | Psalm 138-141 | Psalm 143

Good morning everyone,

This morning we continue our stroll through the psalms of David beginning wit a Psalm of ascent.  The Mosaic law required adult male Israelites to appear before the Lord three times a year. It is believed these psalms of ascent were sung by the men as they made their pilgrimage,  ascending the road to Jerusalem  to attend the three festivals. I love the picture in my mind’s eye of hundreds, perhaps thousands of bearded men shuffling down the dusty road in Israel, enjoying each others company, laughing and singing psalms along the way to worship the King. I kind of do the same, when I am driving to church I have my praise and worship music on and I sing along with that. Right? I bet you do too.

Psalm 139, I totally, totally love this psalm. It is so personal and speaks straight to my heart. It begins with, “You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise, you perceive my thoughts from afar.” How amazing is our God! According to populationinstitute.org there are more than 7,266,564,249 people on the face of the earth. Yikes! Now to be honest, I don’t even know how to say that number, but I do know it is a super,huge amount and out of all those people God knows me personally, and he knows you just as personally, so personal, in fact, that he perceives our every thought, he knows when we sit and He knows when we rise. Will you stop for a single moment to try and wrap your head around just how big that is. It is ginormous plus. Right?

If that is not astounding enough, move on down to verse 13, it says, “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.” So, not only is God with us every single second of every single day of our lives, but God also personally, (yep, worth repeating) personally fashioned each and everyone of us. He knew us and loved us before we were even born, before we were even conceived, He knew what we were going to be. I am obliged to echo Paul’s words from Romans 8:31 where he said, “What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?” Amen … right?! Then Paul goes in to say in verses 38-39, “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Friends, if you don’t have a personal relationship with Jesus, or even if you do but are not spending time getting to know Him, then you are really depriving yourself of some of THE most amazing moments of your life. You can not, I most certainly can not, ever begin to fathom just how big the Father’s love is for me, is for us. I can, though, attest to the fact that the closer I draw to God, the more I dig into His Word and really get to know Him, is the more He opens himself to me and I am allowed moments that can only be described as euphoric. Whispers of His almighty presence waft around me leaving me desperately longing for more. God is so amazing, He is so over the top amazing and He loves us. Oh, how He loves us. Oh how He loves! Amen?

Have a great day and to God be the glory,

God bless you all …

No comments: