Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 23 - Isaiah 40:1-44:5

Good morning everyone,

Today we see a bit of a shift in the book of Isaiah. As a matter of fact, the tone is so different several scholars claim that it is not written by Isaiah son of Amoz by by a another person named Isaiah, that there is no possible way that the first Isaiah’s style of writing could change that much nor would he have privy to such future information. Those scholars are wrong. The book of Isaiah was written by one man alone speaking the words God gave him. I would question those scholars,”Have you every had to reprimand your children or student in one tone and then in the next hour or even day let them know how much you love them or appreciate them in a totally different tone?” That is all this is, chapters 40 - 66 are the blessings of the Lord for his children of Israel.

There are many similarities between the book of Isaiah and the whole book of the Bible, one being sixty-six books of the Bible, sixty-six chapters in Isaiah. Another is there are thirty-nine books in the Old Testament and the first thirty-nine chapters in Isaiah deal with judgement while the rest of the book deal with salvation and the blessings of the Lord, much the same as the New Testament.
All that to say that to say while earlier in the week we Saw Isaiah’s  apocalypse, today we have the Gospels according to Isaiah, which we know are God’s breath, right?

I just want to say this morning come to Jesus, give your full heart to the God who loved you first. He does not care what you have done in the past or even today, believe me I have done some pretty awful things in my past, before God lifted me up, dusted me off and asked me “Which way do you really want to go my dear sweet child?” Then he asked me to take his hand and walk with him, and so I did. He has forgiven me for all the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways and as Psalm 103:12 promises me, “He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west” never to be remembered again. He will do the same for you, but please don’t wait, anything can happen in this crazy world to cut your life off short, even today. Get off the fence, get off the broad road that leads to destruction, quit worshipping those false gods of money, alcohol, or just plain worldly fun and start following the Lord of Lords, the King of Kings, the God of the universe. The God who loves you, who love me more than we could possibly know and has prepared a mansion in heaven for us. Is that great or what?

In Joel 12 it says, “Yet even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; and rend your hearts and not your garments.” Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love.” and Psalm 145:8 “The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.” Rich in love, who does not want that? Amen?

Have a great day and to God be the glory.

God bless you all …

No comments: