Friday, July 4, 2014

July 4 - Psalm 42 | Psalm 43 | Psalm 44 | Psalm 45 | Psalm 46

Good morning everyone,

Psalm 42 is certainly one of my favorite psalms for reasons that are so super personal I couldn’t possibly share yet, I just want to cherish the memory in my heart, someday I may be able to share with you but for now suffice to say, every time I read this psalm my heart is blessed beyond belief. 

Verse one says, “ As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God.My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?” Have you ever been so desperately dry, so parched for God’s fellowship that you just longed for God’s presence. Once, in another season in my life, I lived in the high desert. In those days I loved to go riding on my bike for several hours at a time. It was one summer morning that I took off on my bike and I was in such a hurry, I forgot my water bottle. Well, though it was early in the morning the temperature was already starting to climb, rapidly nearing and then exceeding a hundred degrees, I’m telling you it didn’t take long for me to work up a good thirst. Two hours later, when I arrived home I was so incredibly hot and dehydrated and unbelievably desperate for a cool refreshing drink of water, that as I pulled into the driveway, in one fluid motion I dropped my bike, walked straight to the back where there was a hose and a built in swimming pool. I picked up the end of the hose, turned it on to drink the water, pulling it with me while falling into the pool fully clothed. Oh my word, I was desperate to be smothered in the cool refreshing water, sucking it in, washing it over me and slowly as the water which I had been starved for began to replenish me, I was rejuvenated. I remained there for a long time savoring what I had anguished for.To draw the parallel,  in this season of my life, it is my close personal relationship with God that I desperately long for, that I earnestly seek and am miserable, down right wretchedly unhappy and uncomfortable when I am not able to hang be with Him, to read His word, or praise and worship Him. I urgently long to drink the Living water, to be washed in the truth of His Word, believing with all that I am that he is my life line. Philippians 1:21 says, “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.” 

Psalm 44 starts out with, “We have heard with our ears, O God, Our fathers have told us,
the deeds You did in their days, in days of old:” Friends, it is so important for us to know the whole Bible, I am talking about really knowing the whole bible, because knowing how God works helps us to walk stronger. Right on? I have got to tell you that I have loved working through the Bible this year. It is brilliant to me how awesome God truly is. Seriously, I have read through the Bible, cover to cover, several times before but have never really understood the “big picture” until this year. Oh, I have done Bible studies and would really learn and appreciate different books but in doing the chronological study, and digging into it each day, I am seeing how God had an amazing plan, has an amazing plan, and it is getting worked.  I love how God is opening up my eyes this year to how everything is so on purpose in His economy. 

God is so big, and so full of love for us and God’s love is the greatest love of all. God’s love is perfect, and is perfected in us! God’s love is unconditional, everlasting. God’s love is kind and gentle, yet it is jealous, furious and great. God’s love is higher than the highest mountain, deeper than the deepest ocean, and free for the asking. Lamentations 3:22-23 says, “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” Thank you Jesus! Amen?

Have a great 4th of July and to God be the glory.

God bless you all …

No comments: