Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June 25 - Isaiah 12:1-6 | Isaiah 17:1-14 | 2 Chronicles 28:16-21 | 2 Kings 16:10-18 | 
2 Chronicles 28:22-25 | 2 Kings 18:1-8 | 2 Chronicles 29:1-2 | 2 Kings 15:30-31 | 2 Kings 17:1-4 | 
Hosea 1:1-2:13

Good morning everyone,

Well, we did a little bit of book jumping today, starting off in Isaiah with a song of praise for a promised salvation. Countless times I have prayed verse two, “Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.” Each and every day we all face battles on many different levels. The battle can be as simple as pushing the enemy out of the way so you can get up early enough to do devotions or as difficult as perhaps maintaining your integrity in the midst of a worldly polluted work force. The attacks of the enemy are innumerable, and he is relentless; he will nag, and push and work you until you cry out. The question is, who will you cry out to? Will you just give in to the persistent harassing of the enemy and in desperation cry out “fine!” and go the way of the world ? Or will you cry out to God to be your strength and defense and rest while He does battle for you. There is so much peace at the cross!

Chapter 17 of Isaiah is a prophecy of judgement against the Syrians, because they were in alliance with Ephraim, another name for the ten northern tribes, they would be judged first but inevitable doom looms for Ephraim as well. As we read down through Kings and 2 Chronicles we get a feel for the break down that is coming soon for the ten northern tribes, however in verse six of Isaiah 17 there is a “yet,” one tiny little word that holds so much promise for the people of Israel. God is so good.

Today we also got to meet Hosea who was the last prophet God sent to the ten northern tribes before they were destroyed and exiled by Assyria. God commanded Hosea to marry a prostitute knowing she would be unfaithful to him and used Hosea’s life experience with his wife as a parallel to God and his bride, the people of Israel. They walked away, they chose to worship, to hang out with, to have their devotion, their allegiance to false gods of the world, other lovers, rather than appreciate the love and the devotion of God, of Yahweh, had for them. 

Our God is a gentleman, He will never ever force himself off on you or anyone else. Having said that, He is also a loving and devoted husband always waiting for you to ask Him back. Revelation 3:20 says, “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.” He wants to be with you, he wants to be with all of us. That’s what you do when you love someone, you can hardly wait to be with them.

My husband works on a boat and is gone for half of the year usually in two week increments. When he is gone, I start counting every moment until he returns because I love, love, love him and I love to be around him, he is an amazing guy. He is the real deal!! So when the day comes that his shift is over, it is with great enthusiasm I go to meet him at the terminal to bring him home, to have meals with, talk to (though he can get a little long winded … just sayn’) to plan with, to praise God with; but however much I absolutely love being with and showering love on my husband, God’s love for us is so much bigger and it is forever. Romans 8:38 says, “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Yea? He is that forever husband!

I would encourage you to go to God, with urgency, you are His first love. Open the door, let Him in, He is always waiting for you to repent and run to Him. He yearns to demonstrate His love for you, and His compassion overflows when you return to Him. He is patient and faithful. When we get to Hosea 12:6 we’ll read, “But you must return to your God; maintain love and justice, and wait for your God always.” Yes?! What is keeping you from crying out to Yahweh today? Don’t be a harlot, turn your back on the enemy and the ways of the world and run home to a compassionate, loving God who is waiting for you with open arms to bless you in ways you never dreamed possible. Proverbs 8:17 says, “I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.” Go find Him, look for Him in everything you do today. Amen??

Have a great day and to God be the glory!!
God bless you all…


No comments: