Saturday, June 7, 2014


June 7 - Ecclesiastes 7-11:6

Good morning everyone,

Well, many more random words of wisdom for us today. While I was reading through the text there were many times I just wanted to give Solomon a hug. You know? He had so much going through his head all of the time, I wonder if he every just stopped and chatted about, oh, let’s just say a baseball game? Maybe not that, but you know what I mean.

7:21-22 says, “Do not pay attention to every word people say, or you may hear your servant cursing you—for you know in your heart that many times you yourself have cursed others.” Do not pay attention to every word people say … hmmm, words can hurt so bad. In the big scheme of life I do believe I would be considered a “different” sort of person. I never really hung out with anyone, not because I didn’t want to, but more like I didn't fit in. Weird … right? And because of this, there always seems to be people talking about just that. When I was in grade school I once overheard (always check the stalls for feet before talking about someone) a couple of “friends” cracking some very unkind jokes at my expense. Another time while attending a kindergarten back to school for my oldest daughter, I over heard two of the school’s finest PTA leaders voicing their harsh opinions of me in general. Then even more recently at a Christian function I walked up on some fine women, candidly speaking to my marriage. These are just a few of the times in my many decades of walking the earth that words, people’s opinions voiced, stung my heart and please don’t get me wrong, I am most certainly not ‘Boo hooing” or “oh poor meing,” I  bring them up to point out that while they are hurtful they do not have to be destructive. Make sense?

It took me a long time to figure out that people who put you down are threatened or are hurt themselves. A happy, self confident, person does not put others down. They might provide constructive criticism but they just won’t put others down. It was when I remembered to see it that way, that it all seemed less personal. But to be honest what really put an end to getting hurt by other people’s words was keeping a very short leash with God. That is to say, being in His Word daily, praying, knowing I was His child and it is only Him I need to please, all else didn’t matter. I can remember very clearly the day  He pointed that our to me, though an adult, I was like a young child trying to take their first steps, anxious for the liberty there is in that, but so unsure, and He was right there arms held out to me, protecting me while the enemy and all His demons made as much noise and distraction as they could, trying to pull me off track. Is this making sense? Then it was  illuminatingly clear to me, I finally got it, I just let go and let God. I knew apart from God nothing else really mattered and let faith be my ride. Is that cRaZy great!!? God loves me, and God love you. We are perfectly perfect in His sight. We’re not too old, we’re not too young, too factual, too square, to anything. When we are in God’s word, doing God’s will, we are good! We no longer need let anything anyone else says effect us personally, because really, if we’re “good” with God then we are good in life. Ephesians 2:10 says, “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” Amen? and Romans 8:31 encourages us with,If God is for us, who can be against us?” For if God is for us, and we know He is, then who indeed can be against us. It’s between you and God alone. Right on?

Have a good day and to God be the glory.

God bless you all …

No comments: