Thursday, December 11, 2014

December 11 - Philippians 2:12-4:23

Good morning everyone,

Oh, I loved reading this epistle again this morning and being reminded of how much I enjoy it. So many things spoke out to me. How did you all like being reminded, “But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.” 

I was just talking to a friend yesterday of how lovely it will be, in God’s timing of course, to move home to heaven where the streets are like gold, the walls precious stones, and the holy angels are continually proclaiming Holy, Holy, Holy over the throne of God. Where there will be no more tears, no more sorrow AND no more pain. That’s right my friends, we will be able to trade in these worn out, riddled with pain bodies for a newer easier to move in model. Sound good?

But I think what I really appreciated the most about today’s reading is Paul’s direction to, “whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.” Sometime I, too often we all forget that during the course of our days. It could be when someone pulls out in front of you unexpectedly in traffic, or when your grocery bag breaks leaving the food you just purchased on the ground in the parking lot, or when you step on the scale and are displeased with how high the numbers go. The list is literally endless. What ever we do, every person we encounter, any situation in life should be thought about in a positive and uplifting way. Paul was scarred from years of beatings for his belief, he could barely see to write and was being held captive by the Romans when he wrote this letter of encouragement, wanting us all to know as he did the peace of God.

The peace Paul speaks about is an inner sense of contentment and quietness, regardless of life’s circumstances. It is unwavering confidence in our ever-faithful, unchanging, Abba. It is the presence of joy in the midst of unhappiness. Wh does not want that!?Right?

A person who has genuine, godly peace can endure an avalanche of hardship and difficulty and still enjoy an inner peace that surpasses all human understanding. Why? Because it does not come from pleasant circumstances, nice events, or good things others may do for us. Instead, it is based on the fact that the Spirit of our holy God lives within us. Too often we forget that, especially this time of the year. Way humbling!

Thank you God for giving me another day, another chance to become a better individual, another chance to give and experience love. Thank you God for giving me health, for the food you provide, for the awareness you have awaken in me. Thank you for the energy that feeds my soul, the sun that warms our bodies and the air that fills our lungs. Thank You that Your blessings come to us abundantly, unexpectedly, delightfully. Thank you for this lesson that so totally pierced my heart today, my ever loving Abba. I want to be that person Father every minute of every day. Help me, help us all to be a people who think on good and hope for the best. Protect us from the enemy who would eagerly rob us of that. Thank you for Your Son who willingly suffered and died for me, who died for us all to be able to live eternity with you. To you my dear Father in heaven I bow down and give all glory, honor and praise. Holy, Holy, Holy. Amen.

Have a very good day and to God, our Abba, our Yahweh be the glory.

God bless you all …..

No comments: