Sunday, December 28, 2014

December 27 - Revelation 3:1-6:17

Good morning everyone,

Oh! My! Word! What an amazingly brilliant day of reading for someone such as myself who is able to see in their mind’s eye all that is being played out on the pages of this Scripture. Aww..some! But first, the letters.

Yesterday we read four of the letters, messages written on scrolls to the churches. Today, we looked at the final three of seven. The churches the letters went to, though they were actual churches in that time, carry a practical application for churches and believers today. Make sense? The first purpose of the letters was to communicate with the churches and meet their needs at that time. The second purpose was to reveal seven different types of individuals/churches throughout history and instruct them in God's truth. 

The churches and their messages were: 1-Ephesus; had forsaken it’s first love. 2-Smyrna; would suffer persecution. 3- Pergamum; they needed to repent. 4- Thyatira; they had a false prophetess. 5- Sardis; the church had fallen asleep. 6 Philadelphia; this church endured patiently. 7- Laodicea; they had a lukewarm faith. I love that each letter ends with, “Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” God hears our hearts and desperately wants to be close to us. He tells us, “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.” May I suggest we open up our hearts and let the Son shine in. Yes?

The throne of heaven. I have to admit, I am a wee bit envious of John, there in the Spirit checking out this throne. One of the first things I want to do when I get to heaven is see the throne of heaven and the one sitting there with the appearance of jasper and ruby, and the rainbow that shone like an emerald that encircled the throne. It excites me! I want to hear and join in with the four living creatures who never stop saying, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.” Right? Who doesn’t?

I also want to join in with the voices of the many angels who, we’re told, numbered thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. And that they encircled the throne ,the living creatures, and the elders, and in a loud voice they were saying: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!” Seriously friends, allow yourself to hear in you head how loud, how majestic, how reverent, all those voices praising God, praising our Lord, would be. It gives me goose bumps of delight. 

Friends, let that be our cry, day and night let us never stop saying, “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!” Psalm 145:3 says, “Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.” And all God’s people said …. Amen.

Have a great day and to God be the glory.
God bless you all …..


No comments: