Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December 31 - Revelation 19:1-22:21

Good morning everyone,

Wow! We made it all the way through the Bible. What an exciting day! I am going to be honest with you, a year ago when the Lord asked me to go through the Bible chronologically and to each day write a devotional for the day, I questioned what I could possibly say each and every day that would be worth writing down. But God is good. So good! He does not ask us to do anything and then leave us hanging. Every morning He faithfully saw me through. Some mornings I found myself wondering, “where did that come from?” Always I thought, “Way cool! Thank you Jesus.” 

To the faithful who traveled with me most every single morning I want to express my gratitude. You have totally blessed my life. Your interest and dedication to my writing not only encouraged me but strengthened me when I was sick or weary and inspired me to move forward when I just plain didn’t feel like getting up. I am not delusional and think that I am some great writer, but you have made me feel like one. Words could not express how much I truly loved your faithfulness and company on my journey through the Bible this year. I will suffice to say, “Thank you!” 

Today, I believe, is the best day of reading yet and we have read some pretty amazing stuff. Right? When Jesus came to earth the first time He came to deal with our sins. The next time He comes He will deal with sovereignty. What does that mean exactly? “ Basically, sovereignty is God's control over His creation, dealing with and ruling over all reality.” Jesus will come and make everything as it should be. Totally awesome!

 Check this out, John says, “I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.” Let your mind’s eye see this huge white stallion, perhaps a bit frisky in it’s steps, anxious in anticipation for what is coming. Mounted on this steed is Jesus. Jesus the messiah, the mighty King all of Israel looked for so many years ago but failed to see, instead they hung Him on a cross.

Coming out of His mouth is a sharp sword. Jesus will cast out, do away with, eliminate the wicked kings, and the unbelieving Christ-rejecting people left on earth.They will perish, not by a bomb or military weapons, but by the words that Jesus speaks from His lips as He returns to the earth! The beast along with the false prophet and stat himself will be captured, held captive for a thousand years only to ultimately be thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. The devil knows the end of the story, is it any wonder he wants to take someone, anyone down with him? Misery and wickedness loves company.

Then, though John says, “I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. This is so exciting! The new Jerusalem is a perfect cube with twelve layers and thick walls made of jewels suggesting purity and durability not to mention beauty. There will be no artificial sun, the city will be enveloped by God himself, His glory will illuminate the city. Oh friends, fellow Christians, this is our home! This is what we have to look forward to, what we should be working towards while here on earth because not everyone will be allowed into the new Jerusalem but only those whose names are written in the “Lamb’s Book of Life.”

Eternal life, residency in heaven, is not automatic. You can not inherit it from you parents, glean it from your spouse, buy it from a friend. It is only available through the blood of Christ. You must be born again! You must repent of your sins, dump them at the cross where Jesus suffered and died for them then ask Jesus to be you Lord and Savior. There is not other way to become a citizen of the new Jerusalem and claim a room in the amazing mansion being built for all who choose Christ. Revelation 22:17 says, “The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.” I say, “Do it today.”

We do not know the day or the hour, but Jesus will return. Most scholars and teachers of the Word believe it is in the very near future. All prophecy has has been fulfilled, all requirements are in place. It begs the question, “Are you ready?” 

God loves you, He loves me, He desperately loves us all. he gave us the Bible, our book of hope, our road map for life and He on calls us to believe and to endure in our faith because great thing await us, fellow Christian. Believe on that! Revelation 22:20-21 says, “He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen.Come, Lord Jesus.The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.” And all God’s people said ….. Amen!

Have a good day and to God be all glory honor and praise.

God bless you all …..

No comments: