Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December 30 - Revelation 15:1-18:24

Good morning everyone,

Chapter 15 begins the preparation for the last seven bowls, they are the last seven and final plaques on mankind. The wrath of God began with the seven seals in chapter 6 and now will be finished with the last seven bowls.

All throughout history God has poured out his wrath in judgment on sinners. It began with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, continuing on to the people of Noah’s time and so on and so on. Now in Chapters 15 and 16 we see the final outpouring of God's wrath before Christ's return. 

What I really loved this morning was: John said, “And I saw what looked like a sea of glass glowing with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and its image and over the number of its name. They held harps given them by God and sang the song of God’s servant Moses and of the Lamb: “Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the nations. Who will not fear you, Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.” 

The victorious were singing praises to our God. that totally blessed my heart, they had gone through some really wicked days where defeat stared them straight in the face. It begs the question, how many of us have experienced defeat? How many of us have had armies come against us in life? Stress, sadness, grief, anxiety, worry, tension with other people, sickness, the list goes on and on of the armies of life that rise up against us. We feel overwhelmed, outnumbered, and hopeless? Well, we too can claim our victory in Jesus, it is ours because it was won on a wooden cross by our precious Savior. Right?

I know I have posted it before, but there is only one more post this year so I am going to share it again today, a song that says it all: Victory in Jesus by Eugene Monroe Bartlett.
It goes:

I heard an old, old story,
How a Savior came from glory,
How He gave His life on Calvary
To save a wretch like me;
I heard about His groaning,
Of His precious blood's atoning,
Then I repented of my sins
And won the victory.

I heard about His healing,
Of His cleansing pow'r revealing.
How He made the lame to walk again
And caused the blind to see;
And then I cried, "Dear Jesus,
Come and heal my broken spirit,"
And somehow Jesus came and bro't
To me the victory.

I heard about a mansion
He has built for me in glory.
And I heard about the streets of gold
Beyond the crystal sea;
About the angels singing,
And the old redemption story,
And some sweet day I'll sing up there
The song of victory.

O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.


Jesus loved us way before we knew Him and no matter the battle, we have victory in Jesus, It may not always look like we want it to, but it is there and ours to claim. For If God is for us, who can be against us? Amen?

Have a great day and to God be the Glory.

God bless you all ….

No comments: