Friday, January 30, 2015

January 30 - Job 38:1-40:5

Good morning everyone,

Awesome reading today!! I absolutely love, love, love it when God is actually doing the speaking. It resounds with power, it makes me feel so special and I just sit up and pay special attention and say, “Yes sir.” :-) You know? Don’t get me wrong, all of God’s inspired Word is super special, but when God himself takes time to speak directly to us; to you and to me, well I am so blessed by it. There use to be an ad on television (and I will be dating myself) that said, “When E. F. Hutton talks, people listen.” May I suggest that when God speaks, that is exactly what we should do; Listen up! 

We’re told that God rolls in with a storm, that out of a whirlwind He spoke. Now keep in mind, there is still a crowd of people hanging around to see how this exchange of dialog will end. Also, there is still Eliphaz, Bildad, Zophar and Job who are now done talking just sitting there, pondering along with Elihu who has most likely taken his seat again in the crowd, as he too is finished talking.  Now, we’re not told that everyone heard God addressing Job, but we’re not told they didn’t either. So imagine, if you will, standing there, everybody’s done talking and you’re wondering what will happen next. You’re looking at that storm that is getting closer and closer. Perhaps you’re thinking, “it’s all over now, I should go home, the wife probably has dinner ready.” When what appears to be out of nowhere, God’s voice booms, you can feel it reverberating through your body it is so powerful, He says, “Who is it that questions my wisdom with such ignorant words?” Oh my word! How long would it take you to throw Job under the bus? Right? Be honest here. I’m talking immediately, trembling, “It was Job, he’s right there!” Okay I’m a coward :-/

Well God asks Job a series of huge questions. “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?” “Who marked off its dimensions?” “Have you ever given orders to the morning, or shown the dawn its place, that it might take the earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it?” Imagine yourself taking the earth by its edges, like you would a throw rug and shaking the wicked out of it. What?! 

“Have you entered the storehouses of the snow or seen the storehouses of the hail, which I reserve for times of trouble, for days of war and battle?” Remember when God helped Joshua fight his battle? We’re told, “The Lord hurled large hailstones down on them, and more of them died from the hail than were killed by the swords of the Israelites.” Awesome!

So many  great questions God puts to Job. One I really liked today was, “Where does light come from, and where does darkness go?” It begs the question, “Where, indeed, does the dark go when you turn on the light?” Hmmm ….

Question after question, rhetorical of course, but then God said, “Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him? Let him who accuses God answer him!” Job answered the Lord: “I am unworthy—how can I reply to you? I will cover my mouth with my hand.  I have said too much already, I have nothing more to say.” God’s Word totally humbled Job. I love that. Oh that I could be more humble more of the time.

I asked myself, what can we take from this Scripture today? Well I see that Job had been sitting there, in his pain and suffering, questioning God. Wondering why is he going through all of this, longing for God to answer him. However, when God comes, He doesn’t come “to answer” Job but more to the point God as “The answer.” He is the peace that transcends all understanding. His mere presence, His power, His love immediately calmed Job. 

We are not unlike Job. We too have a tendency to ask God, “Why?” to experiences we will never get an answer to, this side of heaven. But if we allow Him, God himself, will be our Answer. Make sense? God created it all, and it is all perfect, we need to know that. If we would just trust in God, live His plan, our lives, even with heartache, will know and feel an unbelievable peace and love not to be matched in this life time. So, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” This peace is so blissful, it’s euphoric, let go friends, and let God. Amen?

Have a great day ad to God be the glory.

God bless you all …..

No comments: