Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5 - Genesis 15:1-17:27

Good morning everyone,

Our Scripture begins this morning with, “After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision:  “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward.”

It’s not real clear what Abram was afraid of. Perhaps he feared the kings he had just defeated would gather more forces and retaliate, maybe something else totally unrelated, but nonetheless, it appears he was in need of a hug and some hope. Who better to boost your day than our Abba, so God steps in and gave Abram two really good reasons for bravery. First He said, “I am your shield,” He promised to protect Abram and God promised a great reward. 

More than two thousand years later and things haven’t changed all that much. Like Abram you and I wake up every single day facing new challenges. Some of them we instinctively handle with no problem, scoop of chocolate, scoop of vanilla. Right? But then there are those days when something really rocks our world, threatens our security, and suddenly, like Abram, we are confused perhaps even frightened. Well, fear not! Our Abba has given us the Bible which is full of promises to provide and protect us. Psalm 91:14-16 says “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

Friend, when you fear what lies ahead, when life is looking pretty scary, remember God’s got your back and will stay with you all the days of your life. He will carry you when He has to, never asking you to go through more than you can handle. Be encouraged and sing, “Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.” Amen?

Have a great day and to God be the glory.

God bless you all …..

No comments: