Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 31 - Job 40:6-42:17
Year Through the Bible

Good morning everyone,
Well here we are, the final chapters of Job. Yesterday we read a series of startling questions God put to Job. Today as we begin in chapter 40, the first phase being ended, God’s speech continues. Verse 7 God says to Job, “Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.”
 You know what, that sounds pretty scary and exciting at the same time, at least to me anyway. But one day my friends, each and every one of us will stand before and be questioned by the Lord God Almighty. In 2 Corinthians and in Romans we are told, “So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.” Did you get that? Every one of us! He will ask “Child, why did you do this? Why did you not do that?” And we will have to answer. What you do today, is what you will answer to God for when you meet Him face to face. This is important stuff so I am going to repeat that; What you do today is what you will answer to God for when you meet him face to face. Every move you make, every breath you take, God is watching you. (sounds like it should be a song) Seriously though, I think about that every time God says to me, “Honey, please go ask that person over there if they know about my love for them, tell them about my truth.” Honestly that is W A Y out of my comfort zone, so too many times I have cringed as I pretend I didn’t hear that request, like that is even possible, knowing I will be asked about it some day. To my credit, lately, no matter how uncomfortable it may cause me to be, I do make it a point to say, “Yes Lord and I just go for it,” because  I don’t know about you but I totally want to hear Him say to me, “Well done, good and faithful servant” when it is my turn to answer questions from God.
As Christians, our responsibility to God is to obey Him, to trust Him, and to submit to His will, whether we understand it or not. When we do, we will feel God’s strength and courage. We will know, without a doubt, God is right there in the midst of what ever season we are living. 
In chapter 42 Job says to God, “I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted. You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’ Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. “You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.’ My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes.” After which, Job’s life was restored. The Lord blessed the latter part of Job’s life more than the former part. Beautiful! Right?

I would encourage you and remind myself, to not keep God in a box. Let your eyes see what your ears have heard, let your mind try to wrap around how big, how great, how mighty our God is.  Amen?

Have a great day and to God be the glory.

God bless you all…

No comments: