Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 13 - 
Genesis 36:1-19 | 1 Chronicles 1:35-37 | Genesis36:20-30 | 1 Chronicles1:38-42 | Genesis 36:31-43 | 1 Chronicles 1:43-2:2

Good morning everyone,

Today we get to take a look at a lot of genealogy along with a rundown on who the kings were that reined in Edom before any Israelite ever reined there. Again, while tedious I found it very interesting, Tell me, what did you think? :-)

Tomorrow we will move on to the life of Joseph, so I thought that because there is not a whole lot for me to say in reference to the genealogy I would share a few fun facts about Joseph.

Joseph was one of Jacob’s twelve sons but shared a mother, Rachel, with only one of his brothers,  Benjamin. Joseph was Jacob’s favorite son and in the chapters coming up we will read of how that caused him a bit of grief. We will also read of some very interesting fact about Joseph that parallel with Jesus such as; respectively, their fathers loved them dearly, their brothers were less than nice to them, others plotted to harm them, they were both tempted, both falsely accused, both placed with two prisoners of which one was saved and one lost, and both forgave those who wronged them, to name a few. I know you are going to enjoy reading about Joseph, it really is a terrific story.

In the meantime I hope you have a super good day.

God bless you all …

No comments: