Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 25 - Job 22:1-25:6


Good morning everyone,

If you are joining us for the first time today, welcome! We are on a day by day, chronological, journey through the Bible which will take us just one year. It is an exciting way to read through your Bible, bringing all of what God would have us use to model our lives by to life. I am glad you are here :-)

Today we begin reading with Eliphaz giving his third and final speech to Job. While he says nothing new in this speech, he does get more specific. He can not accept Job at his word and get past his belief that Job’s suffering is God’s punishment for some secret evil deed Job has committed, suggesting several possible scenarios.

Job’s response to that is, that if there was sin for which he could repent he would, declaring his confidence in his integrity and God’s justice. Job goes on to say in 23:8-9 “But if I go to the east, he is not there; if I go to the west, I do not find him. When he is at work in the north, I do not see him; when he turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him.” Job believed in the fact of God and in the justice of God, the problem was he could not reach God. 

I think sometimes when we are under pressure or in a desperate situation we can be like that too. We will go on for days, months or even years then suddenly and unexpectedly we get bad news from the doctor, or we loose our job, or a love one passes away, whatever the situation there comes a time when we feel we need God now! We desperately cry out in hopes of him hearing us, but really it has been so long, we don’t know how or where to find Him. Well, I am here to tell you that God is always there but the closeness in which you feel God is relative to the time you choose to spend with God, the time you take know God. 

I like to bake cookies for my husband, it pleases him. I have been making him chocolate chip cookies for over 16 years. I know the cookie recipe so well that when the cookie jar gets empty and it is time to make more, I do not even have to look the recipe up. It is with confidence that I mix all the required ingredients together, spoon them out and bake them off and know I will get an awesome chocolate chip cookie. That’s how well we should know our God. You need to know the promises He has made to you so that in times of trouble you can claim those promises, He wants you to claim those promises by name and have the confidence that He will not only hear but fulfill those promises; but you can not do that if you do not know what the promises are? How are you going to know them so well to claim them? The answer is simple, read your Bible, know God’s Word. God is so awesome He has made so many provisions for you and me. I suggest you know, really, really know God. He loves you and desperately longs for you to love Him back. He does not want to be a “video on demand” God, He agape loves you and wants to be a “share every moment with you “ God. So instead of like Job searching to the east and to the west, may I suggest you simply look up and see God’s hand reaching out to you and then hold it. It is with the voice of experience I can tell you that when you do you will know a peace that surpasses all understanding.


I pray you have a super awesome day.

God bless you all …

No comments: