Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September 10 - Daniel 10:1-12:13 | Ezra 4:24-5:1 | Haggi 1:1-15

Good morning everyone,

Amazing reading today. Absolutely amazing! We begin with Daniel, who keep in mind, at this point is about 85 years old and has been an astounding servant to God, however his work is not done. In the third year of Cyrus, we read he received another revelation and the meaning of the message disturbed him so much that he mourned for three weeks, fasting and praying.

Scripture says that on the twenty-fourth day while Daniel was standing on the river bank, he looked up and saw a Christophany, I have mentioned this before, you’ll remember, it is a manifestation, a visible appearance of Christ in Old Testament times. When Daniel heard Him speaking he fell into a deep sleep. Then an angel touched his hand, told him he was highly esteemed and asked him to get up, stand and listen up. 

The message he gives Daniel is so much more than a devotional, it is a study; one I would encourage you all to dive into when you can. Chapter eleven alone has 135 prophesies that were in the future for Daniel but now have already been fulfilled to the most minute detail. In chapter twelve, when after the tribulation period has been all laid out for Daniel he asks, “How long will it be before these astonishing things are fulfilled?” Upon receiving his answer Daniel tells us, “I heard, but I did not understand.” at the end Daniel is told, “As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.” 

It begs the question; How many times do you “hear”, do I “hear”, but we do not understand? Well, I don’t know about you but for me, quite a lot actually, but for the most part I am okay with that, I have a mind to be able to just go on faith. However, I do know a lot of people who are, “but why?” kinds of folks who have to dissect everything they see and hear to figure out the reason, the wherefore of it all. They just can not take anything at face value and while I do believe there is a special need for these very inquisitive individuals, it can be a frustrating for them, mentality when going through life, as especially dealing with Yahweh and the Bible not everything will have an explanation or blueprint this side of heaven. Make sense?

I would encourage you to be wise and continue to read your Bible even though you may not fully understand. The Holy Spirit is there to guide you and to help you use what you read in your life.  As you move forward in faith and gain more understanding of what you’re reading, like an onion being peeled, more will be revealed to you. It totally blows me away some of the verses, paragraphs and even books in the Bible I read when I was a baby Christian that I felt I was getting so much from, and I truly was but as the years went by each and every time I read those very same words again the Holy Spirit revealed more to me, revealing more about my Abba, allowing me to draw closer to the Lord of Lords, the King of Kings and be bold in His strength. I love it.

One more thing, as like who ministered to Daniel by the riverside, there are angels among us, right here on earth and friends all of them have legs, they do not fly around like something from Ghostbusters.  In Hebrews we are told to “do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.” I have heard of angels being seen standing by my pastor during his service and I have personally been assisted on more than one occasion, in a life threatening situation, by angels. They are commanded to guard us in all our ways, and friends they’re going to do a good job because guess what, we’re told that in heaven we are going to be the ones judging the angels. Right?! They know it, and they know we know it, so I am sure they are doing their very best to do as God has commanded them to do. Be talking to those angels as you are walking down the street and when you need it, ask for those angels to encamp around your difficult life situations, and look for them in the faces of the people you encounter every day of your life. They’re there. Amen?

Have a good day and to God be the glory.

God bless you all …. 

No comments: