Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September 9 - Ezra 2:1-4:5 | 1 Chronicles 3:19-24

Good morning everyone,

The book of Ezra deals with the rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem after the Jews were released from captivity by Cyrus of Persia who had gone in and conquered Babylon, just as Jeremiah had prophesied he would many, many years before. Zerubbabel, who was the grandson of one of the last kings to rule Judah, will lead the first the first group across the nine hundred miles, back to the ruins of their home and then Ezra will lead the next group.

In chapter two we read a lot of genealogy. It had to have felt really good to have some order back in their lives after being in such disarray for so long. Well, at least it would have for me, I can appreciate that there are some of you out there that are very comfortable just “flying by the seat of your pants” but our God is a God of order and that is what is being re-established; first their lineage and then their customs of worship to God which we see in chapter three. 

Yesterday my regular time of devotion was nonexistent due to a very early morning flight and I totally missed out on, felt cheated out of even, my very special time with God. Oh sure I prayed here and read some Word there but I didn’t have any substantial time devoted to just being in His Word and it was a terrible loss for me. This morning, though the enemy tried to tell me how much nicer it would have been to sleep, I was really excited to be back and just hang out with my God, reading and studying His Word and learning Him. 

Well, how much more excited do you think God was to have the children of Israel back building alters to worship Him. I am certain, in our puny little minds we can not measure how aflutter God’s heart was to have these chosen people, once more making time for Yahweh. Zephaniah 3:17 says, “The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.” Did you get that? He will rejoice over you with singing. I can hardly wait to hear God’s glorious voice in heaven. Amen?

Have a good day and to God be the glory.

God bless you all …..

No comments: